Heather on Call
Ask and Expert Call with Heather is perfect for anyone needing a little advice from a designer they trust. Whether you’re looking Heather's creativity to help you evision a space's potential or her expert eye to review the selections have made on your own, Heather is your designer on call. Ask an Expert video calls with Heather are the fastest way to get your questions answered, perfect for those who are happy to 'do the work’ themselves.
Interior Decorating Consultation
Looking for expert interior decorating advice but want to implement the suggestions on your own?
Or do you just need a few items to complete your perfect space??
Either in person or remotely, an Interior Decorating Consultation with Heather is the perfect solution.
Full Service Interior Decorating
Let Heather make it easy for you to make it beautiful.
Full Service Decorating Furniture & Decor for lives well lived
As long time interior designer with clients accross North America, Heather Draper, Principal of The Heather Company, has experienced creating beautiful homes from the ground up numerous times.
Torn between the demands of working as a "construciton designer" and joy of owning her own, now retired, funishings boutique, Heather chose to focus her talents on becoming an expert in the critical final step to creating a dream home, Furnishings and Interior Decorating.
Heather Draper, with over 18 years of experice in custom home design, has become an expert at layering the perfect lighting, selecting and sourcing high end furnishings and commishioning stunning drapery to complete dream homes.
Heather enjoys established, long term relationships with some of North America's finest furniture makers, lighting brands & fabric houses, streamlining the sourcing and procurement process. By working with Heather you enjoy access to a curated selection of home furnishings, manufactured by vetted companies, with a seamless design to install process.
A simple and enjoyable home furnishing experience intended to embrace your story within your home.
Heather's approach to thoughtful interiors begins with a consultation and moves through a decorative concept, to a well considered design proposal, from there all aspects of ordering & delivery of your new furnishings are expertly managed, with your project culminating in final sourcing and styling to photo shoot perfection.
Your investment in Heather's interior design expertise is a flat rate fee of 5% of your proposed budget, plus the retail cost of furnishings and drapery.
1. Introductory Call - Every great projectstarts with a great conversation. This brief 15 min call allows you to say hello, ask a few more questions and be sure Heather's services meet your needs. Please note, Heather takes clients on a VERY limited basis, in this call it will alse be determined if your timeline and project is something Heather can expertly execute. BOOK A CALL
2. Introductory Meeting - Heather will meet you and your family in your home to discuss the specific details of your project, goals for the space, review and discuss your inspirations for your home, and review your budget. Please note our recommended furnishing budget for an entire home is 10-20% of your homes value, and can easily move upwards based on your desired level of completion and quality.
3. Design Fee Payment - Once Heather haa a thorough understanding of the wishes, goals and expectations of your project, and associated budget, we will request the payment of the design fee ( 5% of final budget less deposit ) The payment of this fee confirms your project's place in th creative calendar and advances your project to step 4.
4. Comprehensive Home Furnishing Design Plan & Presentation . Taking your comments into consideration, & working from our Initial Design Concept, Heather will complete and present to you a comprehensive design plan. This presentation will include final,fully detailed, layouts, proposed materials, furniture selections, artwork and larger accessories, all sourced from our network of vetted suppliers. Heather will also prepare the furnishings quote detailing all items required to bring the project to completion. After receiving your feedback we will make adjustments, as necessary, for things you’re not excited about, and proceed with a 50% deposit of the approved furnishings quote to begin step 7. Please note sourcing information IS NOT provided.
5. Procurement and Project Management - Our dedicated order management team will order and purchase all items, manage timelines, coordinate shipping and arrange for final delivery. Hearther will be advising you of any issues along the way, working towards an expert installation.
6. Installation and Styling - Heather will oversee drapery install, delivery and placement of your new furniture, and art hanging. Any additional small decor items will be sourced from local shops as needed to complete your space. Heather will complete the process by styling your fresh new home to photoshoot perfection.
Please Note: Sourcing information is considered propritary, if you prefer to manange sourcing on your own, this information can be provided for an additonal fee.